Unfortunately, due to the presence of the Uninvited Guest, we have cancelled all remaining classes for 2020-2021. At this point, it is unlikely that we will restart classes in 2022. We look forward to seeing you on the flip side!
Until then, join our class mailing list!
LEARN WITH US
We offer classes for bakers of all levels and experience.
Teaching is a big part of what we do. We began offering classes in partnership with OGRIN, the Organic Growers Research and Information Sharing Network, and GrowNYC. Since then, we've been offering more classes, and new classes, every year.
There is no time like now to start, and there is always plenty to learn.
Gift certificates available.
Local grains ROCK. We want you to try them, befriend them, and make delicious bread at home or in your bakery!
2020 BAKING CLASSES
- Sat, Mar 14The Wide Awake BakeryMar 14, 2020, 8:00 AM – 6:00 PMThe Wide Awake Bakery, 4361 Buck Hill Rd S, Trumansburg, NY 14886, USAThe best way to befriend bread is to know it with your hands, over and over again. In this class we will shape and score hundreds of loaves of bread. This class offers a rare opportunity to develop your skills at the bench alongside professional bakers. $250.
- Sat, Feb 22The Wide Awake BakeryFeb 22, 2020, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PMThe Wide Awake Bakery, 4361 Buck Hill Rd S, Trumansburg, NY 14886, USAIn this class we’ll learn to make five beautiful breads from a single, simple yeasted dough. We’ll make a rustic baguette, a round paesano, a versatile Pain de Beaucaire, a fougasse with a range of toppings, and a delicious focaccia. $175.
- Sat, Feb 15The Wide Awake BakeryFeb 15, 2020, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PMThe Wide Awake Bakery, 4361 Buck Hill Rd S, Trumansburg, NY 14886, USAIn this class we will make a variety of pretzels, including traditional Bavarian knots, pretzel rolls, sticks, nuggets, and Laugenstange. We will work with the traditional lye bath, and we will experiment with a less caustic baking soda solution. You can make great pretzels at home. $175.
- Sat, Feb 08The Wide Awake BakeryFeb 08, 2020, 8:00 AM – 6:00 PMThe Wide Awake Bakery, 4361 Buck Hill Rd S, Trumansburg, NY 14886, USAIn this class, we will consider the process of creating a bakery – how to design it, fund it, build it, and use it. We will consider equipment choices, building layout, financing, marketing, and of course, baking! $250.
- Sat, Jan 25The Wide Awake BakeryJan 25, 2020, 8:00 AM – 6:00 PMThe Wide Awake Bakery, 4361 Buck Hill Rd S, Trumansburg, NY 14886, USAEver wondered how to make a delightful croissant at home? Join us for a day of learning the techniques behind hand and machine lamination, and for an exploration of all of the amazing things you can make from croissant dough! $250.
- Sun, Jan 19The Wide Awake BakeryJan 19, 2020, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PMThe Wide Awake Bakery, 4361 Buck Hill Rd S, Trumansburg, NY 14886, USAMost of our classes focus on using the big white oven that’s built into the center of the bakery, but this class, weather permitting, uses our other oven – a delightful, mobile black oven that’s perfect for making pizza. $175.